After five days of the fair, we can only say thank you for the many visitors, the interesting discussions, the new projects... After the last few difficult years, the AMB was a magnet for visitors for the international metalworking industry. Those who did not have the opportunity to visit the AMB will find information on our two exhibits and a few impressions of the exhibition stand on this page.
Travelling column machining centre VHC 2-1760 XTS
- with Heidenhain control system TNC7
- and the pallet terminal WORK-S from Wassermann
The combination of our VHC 2 machining centre with the Wassermann pallet terminal has been presented at a trade fair for the first time at the EMO 2021. In the meantime it has established itself in production.
VHC 2 XTS
The AXA 5-axis moving column centre is equipped with two workspaces. The workpieces, which are automatically fed through the pallet magazine, are machined in the left-hand workspace. On the AXA rotary table RTA 4TF, these are clamped for the further process using a zero-point clamping system. After machining, the pallets loaded with workpieces are automatically changed.
Depending on the size and weight of the individual workpieces, 27, 54 or 81 pallet positions are available in the terminal. The maximum size of the workpiece is 550 mm diameter, 500 mm height and 300 kg weight.
The advantages of the AXA / Wassermann combination are clear:
- Pre-setting of the pallet positions in parallel to production time
- Significantly reduced set-up times and thus lower set-up costs
- More spindle hours, resulting in greater efficiency
- Significant gains in productivity due to automated infeed and unmanned shifts
By the way, with the combination of AXA machining centre and Wassermann pallet terminal, we're showing you a cost-effective way to upgrade your AXA machine economically!
Technical datasheet AXA VHC 2-1760 XTS
Technical datasheet Wassermann
Gantry machining centre VPC 45 U
- with Siemens control system Sinumerik One
We are showing the flexibility of our VPC 45 U gantry machining center with the Siemens Sinumerik One control for the first time.
Special features of the VPC U:
- stepless interpolating 2-axis swivel head
- fast rotating and positioning AXA rotary table RTA 6 TF with a faceplate diameter of 1600 mm
- high rapid traverse speeds of (X/Y/Z) 30 / 30 / 25 m/min
- roller guides instead of sliding guides on all axes
The combination of AXA hardware and Siemens software gives free rein to your creativity.
Technical datasheet AXA VPC 45 U